Thursday 26 January 2012

SHARDES OF GLASS



SHARDES OF GLASS

i had a dream once, a hallucination
I was walking past through the corridors of a beautiful imagination

there i saw a maiden dressed in white ,
i bet you'll kill to glance that sight.

she held a crystal in her hand
it looked as precious as silky sand

carved from her beauty , it shone so bright,
it would light up even the darkest night.

my greedy mind conspired a sin,
thou wanted to taste the ladys skin.

i confronted the maiden and asked in disguise
what was it that her man should suffice.

she said
i need no gold , no gem , no stone,
but a promise to protect my crystal with every bone.

my lustful mind made the promise ,
her tender mind coul not read the tone dishonest.

the moment i held the shimmering glass
it shattered into pieces and fell on grass

everything around me now set ablaze
the world suddenly seemed burning with grimace.

the crystal had detected negation,
it was bound to crack with this invasion.

the woman now seemed to have paled with pain,
her face seemed older, wrinkled it remained.

her voice now hoarse let out a curse,
'You'll be sick , with no one to nurse'

i was now scared to death ,
i turned around and fled,

i looked back once at those broken shardes,
they left my conscience with unhealing scars,

they seemed to convey a redemption message,
but the coward ran away to the darkest passage.

now i lie in my grave in hell,
burning my soul, with no man to tell,

how true it was the curse of them aiden
i was left unnursed and denied heaven,

my conscience still questions me with pricking precision,
why didnt i rework that hasty decision,

what would have happened to that burning grass,
had i retuned to pick up
those broken shardes of glass.....

No comments:

Post a Comment